Friday, May 18, 2012

Wedding Towel Cake

Hello Everyone,



I went to a wedding shower this weekend for a friends daughter. She was registered at Wal mart but if you have ever tried to figure out what they exactly want from that print out you are doing good. The sale person was helping me and she didn't know either. So I bought towels in the colors it looked like she wanted to make my cake. I haven't had that much trouble from other stores in the past with gift registry.  I also bought a platter for the cake and after they take it apart I am sure they will find a use for it.  Also she can save some of the images I cut out and use them in scrapbooking later.Here are just a few of the pictures I took to share.
  I am entering this in a challenge.



This show only the top 2 layers, the bottom picture has the 3rd layer.




I used the sweethearts cricut cartridge for most of the images, MCT (My Creative Time) flower dies for the flowers and Martha Stewart punch for the edges.








I also created a video on how assembled the cake and here it it. The cake took 2 regular towels and 2 hand towels.



I am entering this in a challenge at: diecuttindivas

Happy Crafting,

Tammy



2 comments:

  1. Wow, your towel cake is fabulous Tammy. TFS and for entering it in the Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge this week--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cake!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day.